An award-winning mobile banking app and debit card.
Bad Credit Is No Longer a Dealbreaker for a New Traditional Bank Account
In many situations, it can be hard to find banks that don’t use ChexSystems. If you even have one minor blemish on your report with a consumer reporting agency such as ChexSystems, banking isn’t always easy to access. Many traditional banks may deny you access to a checking account with bad credit, no matter your net worth. It can be pretty tough to keep track of your finances without a checking account.
If you’ve been denied a traditional bank account because of bad credit, Chime is here to help with a long list of unique features that provide a great second chance banking option. Unlike traditional bank accounts, Chime is built to help you take control of your financial health. We help you on your path to rebuilding your financial life by offering a bank account that doesn’t use reports such as those furnished by ChexSystems and has no monthly fees.
Finding a Bank Account with No Credit Reporting Agencies
Credit reporting agencies (CRA), like ChexSystems and others, may provide reports that effectively blacklist millions of Americans for credit mistakes, even from years back which may feel like a punishment to some. Many traditional banks will turn you away if you have even one CRA report, which means you have little opportunity to rebuild your credit score. Many financial institutions rely on CRAs to provide early warnings based on past mistakes in your banking history.
Automatic Savings Builds Positive Financial Habits
The road to financial health starts with building better money habits such as saving money every month. Most Americans have less than $500 in savings and are unable to afford even the most basic medical emergency. It’s time to change this and let technology do the heavy lifting through automation. Financial automation helps you create a savings plan that helps you grow your savings by doing the hard work for you. The best part: you don’t even have to think about it.
Chime’s Automatic Savings is one tool that Chime provides to help you grow your savings automatically.
- Every time you use your Chime debit card, we round up the transaction in your Spending Account to the nearest dollar and and transfer the remainder into your Savings Account. It’s an easy way to start building your savings with every swipe.
- Save every time you get paid with direct deposit. When you set up direct deposit with Chime, you can automatically deduct a percentage of every direct deposit and transfer it to your Savings Account.
Chime is a Second Chance Banking Option with No Monthly Fees
Many standard checking accounts and savings accounts can be expensive just to maintain each month. Traditional accounts sometimes charge high and unnecessary banking fees that can cause additional monetary challenges to people with credit issues. Minimum balance requirements add yet another hurdle. Add in monthly maintenance fees, rising ATM fees, and expensive overdraft fees and banking can be a complete non-starter.
Chime offers a second chance bank account with no unnecessary fees. Keep more of your hard-earned money and sign up for a Chime account:
- 60,000+ fee-free ATMs
- No overdraft fees
- No monthly maintenance charges
- No foreign transaction fees
- No minimum balance fees – ever
An Alternative to a Prepaid Debit Card
Prepaid debit cards are cards that only let you access funds that you load onto them before spending. Prepaid debit cards are different from debit cards in that they are not linked to a spending or checking account. Many people turn to prepaid debit cards to help them control their spending or due to necessity if they are locked out of banking services due to Credit Reporting Agency reports. While prepaid debit cards may be convenient for some, these cards do have significant limitations that are important to consider when evaluating your options.
The first limitation comes in the form of prepaid debit card fees. For example, you’ll often be charged fees for an initial setup, monthly maintenance, reloading your card, ATM use, and more. Most prepaid cards are not required to offer fraud protection like a typical debit card connected to a bank account. If your card is stolen, the issuer is not required to replace the funds.
When evaluating prepaid debit cards, it is wise to consider prepaid alternatives. Chime is one of the best prepaid debit card alternatives available on the market. Here’s why:
- No monthly fees. No minimum balance requirement. No overdraft.
- Chime provides both a Spending Account and a Savings Account along with a Visa® Debit card.
- An award-winning mobile app that allows you to manage your money from anywhere, send checks, transfer money to friends, and more.
A Second Chance to Rebuild Your Financial Health
At Chime, we’re changing the way people feel about banking.
We are dedicated to helping our members lead healthy financial lives. That’s why we offer an award-winning mobile banking app that doesn’t charge monthly fees, gives members early access to their paychecks * with direct deposit, and helps them save money automatically. Hundreds of thousands of people use the Chime Visa® Debit Card to make purchases, track spending, save for the future, and more.
If you have experienced issues with credit debt or bad credit history, we want to help you get back on track toward a healthy financial future. That starts with finding the right partner who will never charge you fees and provides tools to help you start building better financial habits. We hope that Chime can be your partner in this journey to financial health.
Don’t Let Overdraft Fees Hurt Your Financial Health and Credit Score
You may be very well aware of overdraft fees if you have ever used a traditional bank account. Most overdrafts fees are incurred when you don’t have enough money in your bank account to pay for a purchase and the bank will pay for the transaction in exchange for a fee. Overdraft protection may help some people in a pinch, but the average $34 overdraft fee is a bit excessive compared to the simple, inexpensive, and largely computerized process of either returning a check or notifying the customer that there is an overdraft and that he needs to make a deposit to cover it. Let’s break it down.
- Banks in the United States made over $34 Billion dollars in bank fees in 2017 alone.
- Americans households pay an average of $329 in bank fees every year – Bank Fee Finder 2017
- $250 dollars of those fees consist of overdraft fees
Building a spending plan and working budget allows you to live within your means and spend only what you can afford, which will help ensure you never get to a negative balance. You may also want to consider banking options such as Chime which never charges unnecessary fees.
Ready for Your Second Chance?
Chime is a great second chance banking option to help you take back control of your finances. Apply today if you are ready to:
- Say goodbye to monthly fees, overdraft fees, minimum balance requirements, and foreign transaction fees.
- Get your paycheck up to 2 days earlier with direct deposit* than you would with traditional banking institutions.
- Grow your savings automatically with debit card round-ups and saving a percentage with every direct deposit.
- Make, purchase, and track spending, pay bills, send checks, and manage all of your financial needs from an award winning mobile banking app.