Submit Legal Process
Please note that all legal process must:
- Be in PDF format;
- Be assembled in the complete form as issued by the court or competent authority;
- Be dated and signed by an attorney or government official (if applicable), or by a judge;
- Be addressed to: (we do not require the full physical address be listed on the subpoena to accept service)
Chime Financial, Inc.
101 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Do not address legal correspondence to “CHIME BANK”
- Include as much identifying information as is available. Particularly helpful identifying information includes the following:
- 12-digit Chime account number;
- Full email address associated with the account;
- Full first and last name;
- Full date of birth;
- Street address;
- Last four digits of social security number.
- Clearly describe the particular information requested and the applicable date range for your request. (Chime will only produce basic subscriber information in response to vague requests for “any and all” records);
- Be specific in identifying the legal basis for the request;
- Be in compliance with the type of legal process required for the type of data requested. (See Legal Process Matrix below).
Legal Process / Data Request Matrix
The following information is available depending on the type of legal order submitted:
|SUBPOENA||COURT ORDER / 2703d ORDER|
(including but not
limited to a 2703(d)
Federal Rules of
Rule 41 (or state
(i.e. freeze, restrain, forfeit or transfer a Chime member’s assets)
By submitting a request via this webform, you are acknowledging that you are a law enforcement agent or government official and that your request is being made in performance of your official duties. Any information provided by Chime Financial, Inc. is to be used strictly for the purposes stated in the accompanying legal process and may not be shared with any third party under any circumstance.