Chime Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: December 18, 2020
Thank you for your interest in an exciting and rewarding career at Chime! Chime respects your concerns about privacy. This Applicant Privacy Notice will inform you how Chime sources, uses, and discloses your personal information we obtain in connection with the application process. If you are a current or former employee of Chime, please see the Chime HR Privacy Notice, available in Workday or by request to firstname.lastname@example.org, for information relevant to you.
This Privacy Notice covers Chime’s privacy practices with respect to U.S. job applicant personal information only. This Notice does not apply to other operations of Chime (including the products and services we offer to members) or to the practices of third-party websites, services or applications, including third parties with whom we partner. These services (including those offered by third parties) are governed by separate privacy policies, which we suggest you review. Chime is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third party services.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
During the application process (prior to receiving an offer), Chime may collect, use, and disclose your personal information, as described below.
In connection with your job application, Chime may collect personal information about you as described below. Primarily, Chime collects your personal information during the application process to the extent you share it directly with Chime or through a third-party recruiting platform, job-posting site, or talent professional. In certain circumstances, as described below, Chime also may obtain personal information about you from third-party sources.
Chime collects identifiers you provide during the application process. These identifiers may include your name, physical address, email address, signature, and phone number. Chime may source this information from you via various methods, including but not limited to email, webforms (such as the LinkedIn form hosted on Chime’s Careers page), or because such information appears on your resume.
B. Employment Information:
Chime collects employment history information you provide during the application process, including anything contained in your resume. Chime may also collect employment information about you from social or career networking sites, your former employers, and other persons familiar with your employment history.
C. Education Information:
Chime collects education information you share during the application process, including anything contained in your resume. Chime may also collect information concerning your educational history from social or career networking sites, educational institutions, and other persons and organizations who have information pertinent to your application.
D. Protected Class Information:
Chime may learn information about your race, age, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital or family status (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, immigration status, alienage, military / veteran status, or disability from you or other persons familiar with you during the application process.
E. Audio and Visual Information:
Chime may collect audio recordings, video recordings, photos, or screen grabs containing your likeness.
F. Other Information and Inferences:
Chime may obtain additional personal information about you during the application process, such as inferences, opinions or conclusions.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Chime may retain the personal information it collects and any opinions or conclusions made about you as a record of your candidacy.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information for the purpose of processing job applications, evaluating candidates for employment, and carrying out and supporting HR functions and activities, including as described below.
- Recruiting; processing job applications; performing background checks; determining suitability for employment; determining physical and/or mental fitness for work; reviewing and evaluating applications; providing disability accommodations, as appropriate; determining salary and other forms of compensation; providing references; reimbursing expenses; making travel arrangements; securing immigration statuses; reviewing hiring decisions; and providing access to facilities.
- Ensuring business continuity; protecting the health and safety of our staff and others; safeguarding, monitoring, and maintaining our IT infrastructure, office equipment, facilities, and other property; detecting or preventing theft or fraud, or attempted theft or fraud; and facilitating communication with you.
- Operating and managing our IT, communications systems and facilities, and monitoring the use of these resources; performing data analytics; improving our services; allocating and managing company assets and human resources; strategic planning; project management; compiling audit trails and other reporting tools; maintaining records relating to business activities, budgeting, and financial management; managing mergers, acquisitions, sales, reorganizations or disposals and integration with business partners.
- Complying with legal requirements, such as tax, record-keeping and reporting obligations; conducting audits, management and resolution of health and safety matters; complying with requests from government or other public authorities; responding to legal process such as subpoenas and court orders; pursuing legal rights and remedies; defending litigation and managing complaints or claims; conducting investigations; and complying with internal policies and procedures.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions.
- Certain short-term, transient uses.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
In addition, Chime may periodically review your record for fit with additional opportunities and may use your information to contact you regarding additional career opportunities at Chime.
3. QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
If you have questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact us at:
Chime Financial, Inc.
P.O. Box 417
San Francisco, CA 94104