Chime #WhyIChime Sweepstake (“Sweepstake”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (OR AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE) AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
WINNER MUST EITHER HAVE A CHIME CHECKING ACCOUNT OR QUALIFY FOR A NEW CHIME CHECKING ACCOUNT. FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS, SEE BELOW.
- SPONSOR: The Chime #WhyIChime sweepstake (“Sweepstake”) is sponsored by Chime Financial, Inc., PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Chime” or “Sponsor”).
- GENERAL: The Sweepstake is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entry into this Sweepstake constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules. Limit one (1) entry per entrant per social channel or two (2) Alternative Methods of Entry (“AMOE”) per person during the Sweepstake. A total of forty-five (45) winners will be selected.
- TIMING: The entry period for the Sweepstake begins June 15, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT and ends June 16, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT (“Entry Period”). All times appearing in these Official Rules are Pacific Time (PT). As described in more detail in Section 5 below, Sponsor will conduct a series of drawings to randomly select a total of forty-five (45) potential winners from among all eligible Entries originating from Twitter.com, Instagram.com and the AMOE during the Entry Period. Such drawings may in Sponsor’s discretion be conducted both during and immediately after the Entry Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all legal U.S. and District of Columbia residents, age 18 (or age of majority in their state of residence) or older. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. By entering, each Entrant confirms they are at least 18 years of age. Individuals employed by Chime Financial, Inc. (“Sponsor”), The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, N.A., their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, Chime Financial Inc.’s business partners including the Dallas Mavericks, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively “Sweepstake Parties”) at any time during the Entry Period or, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment, and members of their immediate family (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing) or persons living in the same household (those living in the same household for at least 3 of 12 months preceding the Entry Period), are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry for eligible entrants (“Entrant”). There is no requirement that a prospective Entrant be a Chime Member (defined below) in order to enter. See below for details and entry methods.
- Entry Method One (1): Social Media
- Comment what you love about Chime, include your $ChimeSign, and the hashtag #WhyIChime in the comments of a post; and
- Follow Chime on Twitter @Chime and/or Instagram @Chime (“Entry”).
- Entry Method Two (2): Alternate Method of Entry
- Comment what you love about Chime and include the hashtag #WhyIChime in the comments of a post; and
- Follow Chime on Twitter @Chime and/or Instagram @Chime (“Entry”).
All Entrants are limited to one (1) Entry per Social Media Channel for a total of two (2) entries if Entrant chooses to enter on both Social Media Channels during the Entry Period. Entries on one Social Media Channel do not qualify Entrants for an Entry on any alternative Social Media Channel.
In addition, no post may contain any offensive or vulgar content or depict any pornographic or illegal act. Any post containing inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, will be considered ineligible and will not be part of the Sweepstake. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees the Entry complies with these Official Rules. Each Entrant also agrees that Sponsor may disqualify the Entrant from the Sweepstake if Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that a post fails to comply with these Official Rules. If Sponsor rejects any post, such post will be disqualified and will not be considered a valid Entry. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Automated posts (including but not limited to posts submitted using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service) are not permitted and will be disqualified. Only eligible Entries actually received by the Sponsor before the end of the Entry Period will be included in prize drawings. Illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or garbled posts will be disqualified.
- HOW TO WIN
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: During the Entry Period and immediately thereafter, Sponsor will conduct a series of drawings to randomly select a total of forty-five (45) potential winners from among all eligible Entries originating from Twitter.com, Instagram.com and the AMOE during the Entry Period. The date and time of each drawing will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. With respect to each drawing occurring during the Entry Period, winners will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period prior to the drawing (excluding Entries previously selected as potential winners). With respect to each drawing occurring after the Entry Period, winners will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (excluding Entries previously selected as potential winners).
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNING: By no later than twenty-four (24) hours after the end of the Entry Period, each potential winner will be notified by Chime. Each potential winner then has twenty-four (24) hours from the time the message is sent to send a reply message to Chime. Potential winners may be asked to verify eligibility. The 24-hour deadline to reply and claim a prize begins the moment Chime sends the potential winner a winner notification message. Failure to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of potential winner notification message being sent by Chime may result in disqualification, forfeiture of prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
PRIZES: The forty-five (45) total winners will each randomly receive one of the following prize:
- First Prize: Five (5) first prize winners will each receive $1,000
- Second Prize: Forty (40) second prize winners will each receive $500
If a Chime Member, i.e., a customer with an open Chime Checking Account, will receive one (1) randomly selected first or second prize one-time deposit to the winner’s Chime Checking Account within ten (10) business days of the conclusion of the Entry Period; if not a Chime Member when selected, the individual will have 24 hours from the time Chime sends the winner notification message to request AND be approved for a Chime Checking Account. If approved, will receive one (1) randomly selected first or second prize one-time deposit will be made to the winner’s new Chime Checking Account within ten (10) business days of the conclusion of the Entry Period. If the individual fails to respond or is not approved for a new Chime Checking Account the individual will be disqualified, Sponsor will choose another potential winner and disqualified individual’s prize will be forfeited. There is no monetary cost associated with requesting a new Chime Checking Account and winner is under no obligation to keep the new Chime Checking Account open after the prize is deposited. Out-of-network cash withdrawal fees apply. The total ARV (Approximate Retail Value) of all available prizes is $25,000.00.
Only prizes specified in the amount indicated will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value should a prize or any component of a prize become unavailable. Except as specifically provided herein, all applicable taxes and usage charges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. If required by law, Sponsor or its agents shall require payment from winner of taxes to be remitted to the appropriate taxing authorities. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded.
- WINNER ELIGIBLITY REQUIREMENTS: Potential winners must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules in order to qualify for a prize. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the prize; does not comply with Sponsor’s instructions; or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize is forfeited, then the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. Any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary. Prize will be awarded once the potential winner responds to Sponsor with either the email address associated with their Chime Checking Account, or for non-Chime Members, the email address to be used to request a new Chime Checking Account.
Upon deposit of the prize to the winner’s Chime Checking Account, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the prize.
- LIMITATIONS ON WINNING: In addition to the one (1) prize per Entrant limit with respect to this Sweepstakes, there is a one (1) prize per Entrant limit across all Chime sweepstake promotions conducted during the January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 calendar year. Note: You are not a winner of any prize until you have been verified as a winner by the Sponsor.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning with respect to each prize drawing depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period as of the time of such drawing.
- RIGHT OF PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstake constitutes each Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown, and statements made by or attributed to them, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, further payment, and/or consideration.
- MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this Sweepstake. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure compliance with all of the conditions contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, incomplete entries, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstake, or any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstake. Sweepstake Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstake. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstake, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.
If for any reason, the Sweepstake is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstake Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstake, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstake or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Website and/or Sponsor’s website at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstake, if such Entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstake.
By participating in this Sweepstake, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstake Parties and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees, from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly from: 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; or 2) participation in the Sweepstake or any prize related activities.
- Arbitration and Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstake, Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstake, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant’s residence; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstake), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstake, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA without regard to California’s choice of law rules.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain an official list of the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to: Chime #WhyIChime Sweepstake Winners List, Chime, PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received by July 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT.
- Official Rules: If you would like a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Chime #WhyIChime Sweepstake Official Rules, Chime, PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104. Vermont residents may omit the return postage. Requests received after the close of the Sweepstake Period will not be honored.
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All rights are reserved
Instagram® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights are reserved.
This sweepstake is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter, Inc., Instagram, The Bancorp Bank, Stride Bank, N.A., or the Dallas Mavericks.
©2022 Chime Financial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.