Here at Chime, we’re all about bringing you financial peace of mind. Whether it’s getting your paycheck earlier,¹ getting support when you overdraft, or working on your credit history, we always have your back. And the first step to unlocking these awesome features is by setting up direct deposit.
If you haven’t set it up yet, you’re in the right place! We’ve outlined two easy ways to start getting your paycheck into your Chime account. 😎
How to set up direct deposit
In order to set up direct deposit, you’ll need to have your Routing Number and an Account Number handy. You can find this info in your Chime app, under Settings. Tap that gear icon on the top left of your screen and you’ll see it under Account Information.
Manual via direct deposit form
Go to Settings > Account Information > Set Up Direct Deposit > Get direct deposit form
- If you click “Get direct deposit form,” we’ll instantly email you a PDF version of the form.
- Check your email, and open the PDF form.
- In the “Amount” section, check one of the following boxes: Deposit my entire paycheck, Deposit $__ dollars of my paycheck, Deposit __% of my paycheck.
- Choose the amount of your paycheck you want to be deposited and sign at the bottom.
- In the “Authorization” section, write in your employer or payer’s name.
- Sign and send it to your Human Resources department, payroll provider, or manager!
Automatic via employer portal
- Log directly into your payroll provider portal (like ADP, for example) to update your payment method.
- Enter your account information into the portal.
- Choose the amount of your paycheck you’d like to deposit and save your changes.
- Confirm with your Human Resources department, payroll provider, or manager that everything was set up correctly.
☝️ Note: You can follow the same steps if you’re depositing unemployment benefits. Just make sure you’re using your state’s government portal instead of your payroll provider.
🚩 Direct deposit capability is subject to payers' support of this feature.
The benefits of direct deposit
Once your direct deposit is all set up and approved by your employer, you can expect to receive your first Chime deposit within your next 2 payment cycles.
On top of that, you’ll unlock all kinds of new features as a Chime member! Here are a few:
Get paid early¹
Get your paycheck up to two days earlier with direct deposit. This is a feature we offer by making your money available as soon your employer sends it – which is often up to two days before some traditional banks make the funds available to you.
Our SpotMe feature lets you overdraft up to $100 on debit card purchases with no fees². All Chime members with $500 or more in monthly qualifying direct deposits are eligible to enroll.
Eligible Chime member⁴ can get access to our first-ever secured credit card, made to help you build credit over time by offering automatic payments and reporting your progress to the major bureaus every month.⁵ There’s no credit check to apply, plus it has no fees, no interest, and no minimum security deposit³.
In a nutshell, direct deposit is easy and free to set up. And by doing so, you’re able to get the most out of Chime—by getting paid earlier¹, overdrafting without the fees², and working on your credit!